Dr. Monica Morman is dual fellowship-trained in shoulder and hand surgery and specializes in the treatment of injuries and conditions of the shoulder, elbow, and hand. Dr. Morman served Gillette patients for an additional 15 years prior to joining Black Hills Orthopedic & Spine Center of Wyoming in 2019. Dedicated to helping patients resume their job functions, hobbies, and other recreational activities, Dr. Morman is board-certified in orthopedic surgery and offers the highest level of evidence-based treatment and patient-centered care. She also provides advanced, comprehensive hand and wrist care to patients as a member of our specialized Hand Center of Excellence.
After graduating summa cum laude from Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama, Dr. Morman went on to graduate with honors from The University of Alabama School of Medicine in Birmingham, Alabama. She completed her general surgery internship and orthopedic surgery residency at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas.
Following her residency, Dr. Morman obtained additional specialty training in hand surgery through a fellowship at The Hand Center of San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas. Later, she completed a Harvard Medical School fellowship in shoulder and elbow surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital, which included training abroad at the Clinique Générale in Annecy, France.
Dr. Morman is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery with a Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand.
As a member of our Gillette Team, Dr. Morman is available to see patients full-time in Gillette, Wyoming. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Morman, please request an appointment online, or call (605) 341-1414.
When she is not seeing patients, Dr. Morman spends quality time with her children and likes to be active outdoors, enjoying horseback riding, snowmobiling, and waterskiing.
- Auburn University, Auburn, AL, 1993
- The University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, 1997
- General Surgery, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, TX, 1998
- Orthopedic Surgery, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, TX, 2002
- Hand Surgery, The Hand Center of San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, 2003
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, Harvard University – Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, 2009
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Campbell County Medical Association
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- Wyoming Medical Society
- Shoulder, elbow, and hand care
- Rotator cuff repair and complex reconstruction
- Shoulder instability repair/reconstruction
- Total, reverse, and revision shoulder replacement
- Biceps tendon repair
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Elbow instability repair/reconstruction
- Elbow replacement
- Nerve decompression
- Dupuytren's surgery
- Endoscopic carpal tunnel release
- Finger joint replacement
- Fracture repair for the hand and upper extremity
- Hand artery and nerve repair
- Thumb CMC arthritis treatment
- Trigger release
- Wrist and hand tendon repair
- Wrist fusion