Dr. Marrs is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in hip, joint replacement, and knee. Dr. Marrs began practicing at Black Hills Orthopedic & Spine Center in 2002.
After completing his bachelor of science in computer information systems and business administration at Regis University in Denver, Colorado, he went on to complete his premedical requirements from the University of Colorado in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Dr. Marrs then received his medical degree at the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research in Rochester, Minnesota. Dr. Marrs then underwent a residency in the Department of Orthopedics at the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research in Rochester, Minnesota.
Dr. Marrs is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Jeff Marrs is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who is available to see patients in Rapid City, South Dakota and Hot Springs, South Dakota.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Marrs enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, fishing, and other outdoor activities.
- Regis University, Denver, CO, 1987
- University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, CO, 1992
- Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, Rochester, MN, 1997
- Orthopedics, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, Rochester, MN, 2002
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Black Hills Surgical Hospital
- Rapid City Regional Hospital
- Total hip replacement
- Hip resurfacing
- Total knee replacement
- Total knee revision
- Total shoulder replacement
- Carpal tunnel release
- Anterior, posterior, anterolateral less-invasive procedures
- Total hip revision
- Partial knee replacement
- Total shoulder revision
- Knee arthroscopy
Research, Presentations, & Publications
- "TKA in Charcot Joints" Mayo Clinic Department of Orthopedic Surgery, with B. Morrey and J. Parvizi (Accepted for Publication)
- "Identification of a Dual Leucine Zipper Kinase (DLK) involved in Rat Fracture Repair" Mayo Clinic Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Laboratory of Mark E. Bolander, M.D.
- "Photochemistry of Phosphorus Containing Compounds" University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Laboratory of David R. Anderson, Ph.D.
Phone: (605) 341-1414
Office: Rapid City, SD