Dr. Troy Gust is a board-certified neurosurgeon who specializes in a wide array of back, neck, and spine conditions. He is an expert in performing back and neck microdiscectomies, decompressions, and fusions. As a native of South Dakota, Dr. Gust began working with Black Hills Orthopedic & Spine Center in April of 2022.
Dr. Gust earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biology and Master of Arts degree in neurobiology from the University of South Dakota in Vermillion. He then pursued his Doctor of Medicine degree at the University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine. After moving to Kansas City, he completed a general surgery internship at The University of Kansas Medical Center. Following this, Dr. Gust remained at the university to undergo a neurosurgery residency.
Certified by The American Board of Neurological Surgery, Dr. Gust is a member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and the American Medical Association. He is passionate about seeing his patients receive the expert back, neck, and spine care they deserve to help them return to a healthy, active lifestyle. He is available to see patients at The Spine Center in Rapid City and in Mitchell, SD.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Gust enjoys spending time outside with his family, hunting, and fishing.
- University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD, 1996
- University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD, 1998
- University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine, Vermillion, SD, 2002
- The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, 2003
- The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, 2008
- The American Board of Neurological Surgery
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Back, neck, and peripheral nerve surgery
- Neck and back fusions
- All spinal conditions