Fellowship-trained hand and upper extremity surgeon Dr. Aaron Dykstra joined Black Hills Orthopedic & Spine Center in May of 2015, bringing with him a wealth of experience, knowledge, and expertise in treating injuries and conditions of the hand, wrist, and elbow.
After completing his Bachelor of Science at the University of South Dakota, Dr. Dykstra stayed in Vermillion while earning his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of South Dakota’s Sanford School of Medicine. Dr. Dykstra underwent internship and residency training, both in orthopedic surgery, through Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington, after which, he completed extensive fellowship training in hand and upper extremity surgery at the prestigious Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.
Dr. Dykstra is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is also a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, the Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons, and the American Association for Hand Surgery.
Dr. Aaron Dykstra is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who is available to see patients in Rapid City, South Dakota.
- University of South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota, 2001
- Sanford School of Medicine, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota, 2005
- Orthopedic Surgery, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington, 2006
- Orthopedic Surgery, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington, 2010
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland, 2013
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- Meritorious Service Medal as Chief of Orthopaedics, 2012
- Army Achievement Medal, 2014, 2010, 2008
- Hand and upper extremity surgery
Phone: (605) 341-1414
Office: Rapid City, SD