Dr. Zachary Finley joins Nate Brown on "Inside Sports Medicine" to discuss joining Black Hills Orthopedic & Spine Center and K'Waun Williams from the Denver Broncos recent hand injury - October 2022
Zachary Finley, MD
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Finley, please click below.
Hand, Shoulder, Elbow, & Wrist
Dr. Zachary Finley is a fellowship-trained hand and upper extremity surgeon who specializes in the treatment of injuries and conditions of the hand, shoulder, elbow, and wrist. He uses a patient-centered, evidence-based approach to care, and he treats each patient as if they were a member of his own family. As a native of Rapid City, he joined Black Hills Orthopedic & Spine Center in September of 2022.
Dr. Finley received his Bachelor of Arts degree in politics from Princeton University in Princeton, New Jersey. He also completed a post-baccalaureate program at the University of Colorado Boulder. Dr. Finley then went on to earn his Doctor of Medicine degree from Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he also completed his orthopedic surgery residency. He then underwent additional specialty training by completing a hand and upper extremity fellowship at the Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center in Indianapolis.
Dr. Finley is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Association for Hand Surgery, and the American Medical Association, and he is a candidate member for the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
He is available to see patients in Rapid City, South Dakota.
When he is not seeing patients, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Abby, and their two sons. Dr. Finley also enjoys basketball, fly-fishing, running, hiking, and traveling.
Education & Training
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, 2010
- University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, CO, 2011
- Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, 2016
- Orthopedic Surgery, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, 2021
- Hand and Upper Extremity, Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center, Indianapolis, IN, 2022
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Candidate Member
- Carpal tunnel release
- Trigger finger release
- Cubital tunnel release
- Basilar thumb arthritis
- Surgery for arthritis involving the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder
- Traumatic injuries involving the upper extremity
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Tendon repair and reconstruction
- Anatomic and reverse shoulder replacement
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Fractures involving the entire upper extremity
- Surgery for Dupuytren's contracture
- Pediatric hand and upper extremity surgery
- Wrist arthroscopy
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Elbow arthroscopy
- XIAFLEX® injection treatment for Dupuytren's contracture
- Steroid injections for the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder
- Nonoperative treatment for arthritis
- Nonoperative fracture care