Fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon Dr. Emmett McEleney joined Black Hills Orthopedic & Spine Center in January of 2015. He specializes in joint replacement and orthopedic trauma as well as comprehensive care for the knee and shoulder.
After completing his bachelor’s degree in economics at UCLA in Los Angeles, California, Dr. McEleney went on to earn his Doctor of Medicine degree from UCLA’s prestigious David Geffen School of Medicine. Following medical school, Dr. McEleney studied as an intern at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, California.
He completed residency training in orthopedic surgery at the University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington, Connecticut, prior to undergoing advanced fellowship training in AO/ASIF trauma in Innsbruck, Austria.
Dr. McEleney is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is also a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the International Society for Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology in addition to numerous other affiliations.
When he is not seeing his patients, Dr. McEleney enjoys volunteer work, travel, motorsports, and photography.
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 1984
- Anderson School of Management at UCLA, Executive MBA, July 2003
- David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, 1989
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA, 1990
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT, 1995
- AO/ASIF Trauma, Innsbruck, Austria, 1995
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- International Society for Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology
- Shands Circle – Orthopaedic Education and Research Foundation
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- American Federation for Clinical Research’s Meritorious Research Award
- Chief of Staff, Mayo Clinic Health System
- Fellow, AAOS Leadership Program
- Fellow, Mayo Clinic Health System Leadership Development Program
- General Orthopedics
- Joint Replacement
- Musculoskeletal Trauma
Phone: (605) 341-1414
Office: Rapid City, SD
Black Hills Orthopedic & Spine Center7220 Mount Rushmore RoadRapid City, SD 57702
Southwest Healthcare Services802 Second Street NWBowman, ND 58623
310 Airport Road, Suite 2000Williston, ND 58801
745 State Ave., Suite ADickinson, ND 58601