Dr. Duchene is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in joint replacement, knee, shoulder, and sports medicine. He began practicing at Black Hills Orthopedic & Spine Center in 2004.
After completing his bachelor of science degree in biology at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska, Dr. Duchene earned his medical degree from The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. Following medical school, Dr. Duchene completed his internship and his residency in general surgery and orthopedic surgery at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas.
Dr. Duchene completed his fellowship in sports medicine at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas. Dr. Duchene is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery with added qualification in orthopedic sports medicine.
Dr. Clark Duchene is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who is available to see patients in Rapid City, South Dakota and Philip, South Dakota.
When Dr. Duchene is not seeing patients, he enjoys hunting, traveling, gardening, and biking.
- Creighton University, Omaha, NE, 1994
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 1998
- General Surgery, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 1999
- Orthopedic Surgery, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 2003
- Sports Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, 2004
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2006
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Added Qualification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, 2008
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- District Counselor, South Dakota State Medical Association
- South Dakota State Orthopedic Society
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine
- Black Hills Surgical Hospital
- Rapid City Regional Hospital
- Justin Sports Medicine Team
- Black Hills Stock Show Rodeo
- Range Days Rodeo
- Best Resident Paper Presentation, Texas Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting, 2003
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
- Anterior total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Unicompartmental knee replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
- Fracture repair
Research, Presentations, & Publications
- "Saddle Horn Injury"
- Evaluation and Management of the Injured Rodeo Athlete. Dec 2009, Las Vegas, NV
- "Revisiting Surgery in Arthritic Joints"
- Presented to Black Hills Arthritis Association, May 19, 2007
- "Shoulder Injuries"
- Presented at Rapid City Regional Hospital, 2004
- "Dislocation of the knee in Larsen syndrome."
- Presented at The Twenty-Third Annual Brandon Carrell Visiting Professorship. Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, June 2001, Dallas, TX, by Duchene, CC, Johnston CE II.
- "MRI analysis of the position of the aorta relative to the spine: A comparison between normal patients and those with idiopathic right thoracic curves."
- Poster Presentation at the 9th International Meeting on Advanced Spine Techniques (IMAST), May 2002, Montreaux, Switzerland, by Sucato DJ, Duchene CC.
- Presented at The Twenty-Fourth Annual Brandon Carrell Visiting Professorship. Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, June 2002, Dallas, TX, by Duchene CC, Sucato DJ.
- Podium Presentation at the 37th Annual Meeting of the Scoliosis Research Society Meeting. September 2002, Seattle, WA, by Sucato DJ, Duchene CC.
- Podium Presentation at the Texas Orthopaedic Association 2003 Annual Meeting, April 2003, San Antonio, TX, by Sucato DJ, Duchene CC.
- Podium Presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America. May 2003, Amelia Island, FL, by Sucato DJ, Duchene CC.
- "MRI analysis of the position of the aorta relative to the spine: A comparison between normal patients and those with idiopathic right thoracic scoliosis."
- Charles Gregory Memorial Visiting Professorship, June 2003, Dallas, TX, Duchene CC, Sucato DJ.
- "The position of the aorta relative to the spine: A comparison of patients with and without idiopathic scoliosis." by Sucato, DJ. Duchene, CC. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 85-A (8): 1461-1469, 2003.
- "Spontaneous septic subscapular abscess: A Case Report." Nowinski, RJ. Duchene, CC. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 86-A (6): 1302-1304, 2004.
Phone: (605) 341-1414
Office: Rapid City, SD