Dr. Bryan Larson is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in adult joint reconstruction. Dr. Larson began practicing at Black Hills Orthopedic & Spine Center in 2019, and he is dedicated to helping patients with bone and joint problems, specifically hip and knee disorders that limit daily activities.
Dr. Larson received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota. Later, he earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine in Vermillion.
After medical school, Dr. Larson completed his surgical internship at Michigan State University in Flint as well as at McLaren Flint, where he went on to complete his orthopedic surgery residency training. Dr. Larson then chose to undergo additional specialty training in adult joint reconstruction through a fellowship at the University of Virginia Health System in Charlottesville.
A fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Dr. Larson is also board-certified in orthopedic surgery through the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is available to see patients in Rapid City, South Dakota.
Dr. Larson spends much of his spare time outdoors. He enjoys staying active by hunting and fishing, and he also like photography, travel, and bee-keeping.
- Concordia College, Moorhead, MN, 1983
- University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine, Vermillion, SD, 1994
- Michigan State University, McLaren Flint, Flint, MI, 1995
- McLaren Flint, Flint, MI, 1999
- Adult Joint Reconstruction, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA, 2000
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Black Hills Surgical Hospital
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Hip and knee arthroplasty
- Revision arthroplasty
Phone: (605) 341-1414
Office: Rapid City, SD