Fellowship-trained hand and upper extremity surgeon Dr. Zachary Jager joined Black Hills Orthopedic & Spine Center in September of 2015. Some of his specialties include hand and wrist surgery, microsurgery, and treating elbow conditions.
Dr. Jager received his Bachelor of Arts degree in liberal arts and sciences from Utah State University in Logan, Utah, before earning his Doctor of Medicine degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Following medical school, he completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Loma Linda, California.
After his residency, Dr. Jager chose to undergo additional specialty training in hand surgery by completing a fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Dr. Jager is also certified in orthopedic surgery and has received subspecialty certification in surgery of the hand through the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When Dr. Jager is not seeing patients, he enjoys spending time with his wife and four children, participating in his local church, playing soccer and basketball, skiing, and camping.
- Utah State University, Logan, UT, 2005
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 2009
- Orthopedic Surgery, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA, 2014
- Hand Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 2015
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2017
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Hand, wrist, and arm injuries and fractures
- Hand conditions such as carpal tunnel, trigger finger, and arthritis
- Treatment of wrist and elbow conditions
- Splinting and casting
- Hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder injections
Phone: (605) 341-1414
Office: Rapid City, SD