Nathaniel Wilson, MD
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Wilson, please click below.
Orthopedic Trauma, Upper & Lower Extremity Fractures, Joint Replacement (Shoulder, Hip, Knee), Periacetabular Osteotomy
Dr. Nathaniel Wilson is a fellowship-trained orthopedic trauma surgeon who specializes in fracture care, total hip, knee, and shoulder replacement as well as injections and multimodal pain control. Dr. Wilson prides himself on clear communication and attention to detail and likes to have a mutual partnership with his patients. He joined Black Hills Orthopedic & Spine Center in September of 2022.
He received a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical science and engineering from The University of California, Davis. He then went on to earn a graduate certificate in global health from the University of Washington in Seattle. He attended medical school at The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, where he received his Doctor of Medicine degree. Dr. Wilson completed an orthopedic surgery internship at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison. While there, he also completed his orthopedic surgery residency. He went on to complete an orthopedic trauma surgery fellowship at Indiana University and Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis.
He is available to see patients in Rapid City, South Dakota.
When he is not seeing patients, he enjoys spending time with his family and his dogs. Dr. Wilson also enjoys rock climbing, running, swimming, and flying.
- The University of California, Davis, CA, 2006
- Graduate Certificate in Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2011
- The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, 2016
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2017
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2021
- Orthopedic Trauma Surgery, Indiana University – Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis, IN, 2022
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Fracture care
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
- Periacetabular osteotomy
- Revision total joints
- Knee and shoulder arthroscopy
- Intraarticular injection
- Multimodal pain control